Turnberry Tower, one of the luxury condominium projects slated for Metropolitan Washington DC area, is about to begin construction. It looks like they have sold 25% of the units, because that is usually the requirement for a new development before they can even begin construction. There are only a handful of new condominiums in the price range in the area. Turnberry sits on the former Best Western hotel in Rosslyn. The hotel has been (partially) demolished. The tax record shows that the building was sold to 1881 Rosslyn Associates in 2002 for some $21.8 million, right after the original proposal for 176 luxury condos was approved in 2001, which later amended to its current position. That means, Turnberry has added more density to the project since its original approval.
Best Western demolition
Like the Watergate, this type of condominiums is not for the masses. Their market is people who are looking for the best of its class and don't mind
paying the price in exchange for convenience, luxury, security and
concierge services. The plan is to build 300ft. tall, 26 story of 337
condominium units that would include 4400 SF of retail.
The Tower offers one, two, three and four bedrooms. Floor plans depends on what floor the condos are. The higher the floor, the larger the condo units. There are three sections in the tower: Floor 2-18, floor 19-24 and Tower Suite and Penthouse Floor. The lower floors (2-18) has 12 condos from the smallest variation of 1BR/1.5ba (1500+ SF) and den to 2BR/ 2ba (2000+ SF) on each side of the wing. The larger units are the corner units. Floor 19-24 has 6 condos, while the higher floors gets 6 condos. It offers a mix of 2BRs to 3BRs above the 18th floor. Imagine this for a second... the largest 3BR/4.5ba has family room, great room, formal dining, and hobby room for a total area of 5,347 SF. That's like putting a single family home in one floor!
- Nine- to 12-foot smooth finished ceilings; wall-to-wall, floor to ceiling glass; and private balconies in every unit
- Snaidero Italian cabinetry; exotic granite countertops; Miele European cooking appliances; and Sub-Zero refrigeration
- classic marble baths, Jacuzzi hydrotherapy tubs, and Dornbracht plumbing
- Most of the condominium homes also will feature direct-entry elevators that take residents straight from the lobby into their private elevator foyer entry
- 24-hour valet, concierge and resident service front desk personnel
- state-of-the-art security system with a private, push-button link to the always-available lobby personnel
- an exclusive spa/fitness center and indoor swimming pool
- Turnberry Tower also will include the latest in Smart Home technology as each condominium will have its own private link to the outside world. With the touch of an icon on a slender electronic panel screen, residents will be able to request their car from valet, communicate with the front desk, schedule a maintenance appointment or discover the latest in dining and entertainment, among other options.
The condominiums at Turnberry, priced from low-$800's to over $4 million. Estimate delivery time early 2008.