* Run Up in Home Values Run Down in Fairfax [Washington Post]
"A six-year run of double-digit percentage increases in Fairfax County home assessments came to an abrupt end yesterday, as notices mailed to taxpayers showed that their properties have lost value for the first time since 1998."
* 2008 Brentwood Values to Rise 46% [Washington Post]
"Residents of Brentwood, a changing working-class neighborhood in Northeast Washington booming with economic development, will see a 46 percent increase in their 2008 property values, city officials said yesterday."
* Warm Weather Helps Home Sales Bounce Back in January [USA Today]
"Home sales rebounded in January, reaching the highest level in seven months, the National Association of Realtors said Tuesday."
* Options for Tapping Equity in Your House [Real Estate Journal]
" It's a truism that for many people, their home is their biggest investment. Of course, when most people look at their house, they see it first as a place to live a life, maybe raise a family and fill with memories."
* Market Strong or Upscale Real Estate [Baltimore Examiner]
"Instead of moving out, local residents are moving up."
* Ballpark Apartment, huh [JD Land]
"An ad began appearing late last week (h/t Richard Layman) for "Ballpark Apartments", trumpeting income-limited units with "Views of the water and monuments/shopping and dining at Barracks Row/Metro Access at Navy Yard Station/Catch a Game at the New Ballpark."