Image: Real Estate Journal
* Limiting the Headaches of Co-Ownership [Washington Post]
" Q: My wife and I and another couple are buying a condo together, and we should be closing this month. The other couple has already been preapproved for 100 percent financing. We have been told that because they are already approved, they should go ahead and buy the condo, and then during the closing amend the title to add my wife and me. I was curious whether this would work."
* Hot Markets: Washington, DC 20015 [Realty Times]
"In the shadow of the White House and Washington Monument is a Zip Code that houses a community unlike many across the country. The median household income runs near $100,000 for these 15,000-plus residents."
* Supply of Homes at 22-Year High [Market Watch]
"Sales of existing homes fell for an eighth straight month in October even as more properties came on the U.S. housing market, driving the supply of homes up for sale to the highest level in 22 years, the National Association of Realtors reported Wednesday."
* Time to Hedge Your Home [Business Week]
"In the housing market, the bad news just keeps coming. Nov. 27 gave us the latest release of one leading index which shows that home prices are falling at their steepest rate in 21 years."
* Can You Recommend a Healthy Flooring for a Home with Kids and Pets? [Greenhome Guide]
"Question: We're building an addition to our home and I need to choose the flooring materials. We have kids and a small dog, so I know these will determine what is right for us. Can you recommend flooring that is safe and easy to maintain?"
* Housing Slump Prods Employers to Buy Some of 'Employees' Houses [Real Estate Journal]
"The fallout from the housing bust is making it more expensive for workers to relocate for jobs, and that's putting pressure on employers to offset housing-related losses for transferring employees."
* The Most Bike-Friendly Cities in the World [CoolTown Studios]
"I don't know what it is, but this seems to be the year of the bicycle..."
* Your Real Estate Problems Solved [Kiplinger]
"Real estate is a hot topic, given the subprime mortgage mess and housing downturn. So we get lets of questions about this topic."