Coming up this summer! Here's the rundown of constructions around Tysons, via Virginia Mega Projects news.
Construction of the new I-495 South (Outer Loop) bridge over Route 123 continues in Tysons Corner. When the bridge is completed this summer, traffic on I-495 South will shift to the bridge, and the original bridge over Route 123 will be demolished. After demolition, pier construction begins on the future Dulles Corridor metrorail tracks over I-495. During construction the left lanes of Route 123 under I-495 will be closed in late spring for 18-24 months.
What kind of travel management options available for employers and commuters? There's a wide range of options available from commuter solutions, carpool incentives, NOW Mega benefits program, telework!va 50k.
So, here's your getting there options.COMMUTER OPTIONS
- Tysons Connector Bus
- Tysons Express from Woodbridge to Tysons
- Coming soon: Tysons Express from Loudoun
- Metro/Fairfax Connector Services
- Vanpool and carpool incentives
- Guaranteed Ride Home Program
- Carpool and Vanpool matching
This is a plus if you commute from Loudoun. Loudoun Tysons Express, a June 21 start-up date, funded by Dulles metrorail project and Virginia Megaprojects as an effort to keep commuters moving during construction. It'll save commuters money on tolls and gas. The price: $3 per trip with SmarTrip card and $3.5 per trip with cash. The Loudoun Express have 55 comfy seats and free wi-fi. Take note of that. So you can keep your productivity running.
image: Loudoun Express with free wifi bus
Program rollout in summer 2010. You can earn rewards with carpool, points, etc. like your frequent flyers thing. Through Commuter Connections, each person that signs up, gets a free McDonald's "Angus Third Pounder" and a $10 coupon from GrubHub that you can use towards ordering food from more than 400 restaurants in Washington metro area. Not bad.
Van Assistance program
This is part of employer solutions program. Because it's challenging to start a new vanpool with 100% of the seats filled, the Virginia Megaprojects VanStart Assistance program will help to get start a new vanpool on the road while working on rounding up people to sign up for the services. They're kicking in financial incentives to cover vacant seats for the first two months. Program only available while funds last.
For employers, they do offer bottom line incentives. It's all about bottom line! In the form of telework!va, transit and vanpool incentives.
- 50% for matching for new or increase, employer offer benefits combination of vanpool, transit, bike to work. The way I understand it, if employer offers SmarTrip allowance up to $230 per mo. per employee. (I might be wrong on this. My writing is so bad. So don't quote me).
- employer, employee tax free benefits.
- teleworkva benefits if your office located in Tysons Corner up to $50,000 just by starting or expanding company wide telework program. Up to $35,000 for companies with 20-99 employees,
- there is also some tech assistance available.
If you are an employer, you might want to contact them directly, because they can help you customize your program company-wide.Oh, if all else fails.. there's always slugging, the instant carpooling.
RESOURCES you can check into for more details:
- Tysons Express (from Woodbridge to Tysons)
- Virginia 511 - for checking road conditions, trip planning and more
Lastly, the mother site for all information related to Virginia megaprojects construction, http://www.vamegaprojects.com/